There is a lot that is going on in the kitchen all day long. Cooking includes usage of oil and spices that can create a lot of kitchen odor that spreads at home. This odor can remain at home for a long time. But there are a few easy ways to neutralize the odor. Here we will be discussing a few ways that will neutralize the unpleasant smell at generating from the kitchen.
1. Baking soda with vinegar – You can leave a bowl that has baking soda and vinegar overnight. There can be a few stubborn smells left in the house after dinner. You can leave the bowl on the counter overnight.
2. Boil lemons – lemon is a great neutralizer. You just have to cut a lemon in half and add it to a pot of boiling water. Allow it to simmer for ten minutes. Optionally, you can also toss used lemon peels, from cooking in to the boiling pot. To make it even more effective, you can add a tablespoon of baking soda in the water.
3. Open the windows and range hood – This is one of the effective ways to get rid of the odor. Opening the doors and windows or just making use of the vent over the stove can help. Ventilation is the key and such appliances help to get rid of the odor instantly.
4. Get rid of the sink odor –Often the sink is the culprit of the bad odor in the kitchen, It needs to be refreshed. You can drain down some baking powder mixed with vinegar and lemon. Alternatively you can use a cleaning agent and drain it with warm water.
5. Simmer a potpourri – This is the easiest way. You can make one with the ingredients found at home including citrus peels, cloves, cinnamon, rosemary and others. You can add all the ingredients in a pot of water and allow it to simmer after you finish cooking. It not just neutralizes the odor but also helps humidifying.
Photo Credits: Pixabay