A toothache is never pleasant and causes extreme pain and sometimes it becomes unbearable. It is caused due to a number of reasons and could be due to an infection or cavities. A visit to the dentist can help to rule out the actual cause. But what to do when you don’t have a choice if the toothache surfaces suddenly. Here are some of the ways that can help you to deal with tooth ache.
1. Apply garlic – This remedy has been there since ages and is a very effective home remedy. Garlic works like magic in case of a toothache. You need to crush a clove of garlic and apply it directly on the affected area. Allow the crushed clove to stay there till the pain subsides. However, if you have a doubt that it could be an infection then it is advised to consult a dentist first.
2. Salt water rinse – This is another magical home remedy which is not just good for a toothache but also great for a sore throat. You need a cup filled with warm water and add a teaspoon of salt to it. Rinse your mouth with salt water and it will help to suppress the pain that is caused by bacteria. But if the pain is accompanied by swelling, then it is advisable to consult a dentist first.
3. Cold compress – You can optionally take a small towel and wrap some ice cubes and press it against your jaw on the side of the pain. It will at least reduce the intensity of the pain.
4. Clove oil – Clove oil has anti-bacterial as well as anti-inflammatory properties. Use a cotton ball to apply some clove oil directly to the affected area. Allow the cotton ball to sit for some time and it will subside the pain.
5. Eat Ice cream – Ice cream is frozen and frozen things help to subside any kind of dental pain.
Photo Credits: Pixabay