Occasional headaches are normal and could be due to a number of external reasons. But when their frequency increases, the pain is unexplained and there are all the chances for it to be a migraine headache. This needs urgent attention and is many times chronic. Some of the experts have suggested that dietary habits help to a certain extent to deal with migraine. Here are some of the foods approved by experts that can be included in your everyday diet.
1. Nuts – Consuming nuts are healthy anyway. They are rich in copper, magnesium and selenium that are nutrients that help people who suffer from a migraine headache. Some of the other options include cashews, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
2. Salmon and mackerel – Salmon and mackerel are fishes that contain a lot of fat including omega-3 fatty acids. It helps to reduce the occurrence of migraine headaches. Eating fish is anyways good for the health.
3. Spinach – Out of all the green and leafy vegetables, Spinach is a great source of folic acid apart from vitamin B and magnesium. All of these nutrients help drastically in fighting migraine. Apart from Spinach, it is advised to include every kind of green and leafy vegetables in your everyday diet.
4. Water – Water is important for the body as it helps to remain hydrated. An average person should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day. This is a very simple requirement but makes a huge difference for people who suffer from migraine headaches.
5. Oatmeal – Consumption of oatmeal not just keeps a check on your weight, but also keeps a check on the blood sugar levels. A sudden drop in the blood sugar levels can trigger a migraine. Oatmeal helps to bring a balance.
Tip – The above foods are not a substitute for a medicine. These have to be consumed along with any medications that have been prescribed by your physician.
Photo Credits: Pixabay