Headache can be caused due to a number of reasons. Most of the time it is due to external reasons, like change in the weather, lack of sleep, sudden change in the atmosphere and others. But there could also be times when there could be underlying causes as well. Here we will he helping you understand what kind of headaches you could experience and how to deal with it.
1. Headache with sensitivity to sound, light and nausea – All these symptoms indicate towards a migraine headache. It is a neurological condition that causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head. If you experience any such symptoms, you need to consult your physician immediately.
2. Headache with changes in vision and speech – If you are experiencing a headache that is accompanied by inability to walk, changes in the vision, troubled speech, or weakness on one side of the body, then it could be a sign of ischemic stroke. This usually happens due to a blood clot in the blood vessel in the brain that cuts- off blood supply from the brain.
3. Headache with fever/stiff neck – In such a case, you need to be careful and attentive as it could be a sign of meningitis which also means inflammation of the membrane around the brain. Such a condition can be life-threatening if not treated on time.
4. Headache caused by ruptured brain aneurysm – A brain aneurysm literally means a weak spot in the arterial wall that gets inflamed and is filled with blood. This causes a sudden and a severe headache and can be life threatening as it leads to a bleed in the brain.
5. Headache with changes in behavior – There can also be a headache with changes in behavior like problem with reasoning, memory, reading or writing. This could indicate a brain tumor. Urgent attention should be given to this by consulting a doctor immediately.
Photo Credits: Pixabay