Hair gets tangled for a number of reasons. This problem is often faced by people with long hair. It could be due to lack of moisture, exposure to the wind, frequent brushing or lack of attention the hair when you are asleep. Here we will be discussing about a few simple ways you can deal with tangling of your hair.
1. Condition your hair – Conditioning the hair after applying shampoo, restores the moisture. You can use a moisture locking conditioner for better results. It not just restores the moisture but also softens the dry ends. It helps to smoothen hair and makes it tangle free.
2. Use a wide-toothed comb – Tangled hair is surely a pain in the neck and for people who frequently face the problem can use a wide-toothed comb. Using a rat-tail comb or a hair brush can increase the problem or could even make the tangles worse. Wide-toothed comb help to release the tangles with ease without causing pain.
3. Rinse hair with cold water – Every time you wash your hair, make sure that you use cold water or water at room temperature. Using hot water can take away the moisture from the hair, making it brittle and rough that makes it prone to tangles.
4. Use micro-fibre towels – For drying your hair, use a micro-fibre towel that is gentle on the hair. Regular towels are rough and are harsh for the hair leading to damage. Also make sure that you don’t rub your hair but allow your hair to dry in natural air.
5. Protect hair while sleeping – While sleeping make sure that you braid your hair before dozing off. The friction caused on the pillow could lead to tangles.
6. Use aloe vera gel – Aloe vera gel is a natural ingredient to soothe the tangles. You can apply aloe vera and leave it on the hair. It locks in the moisture and leaves the hair smooth and tangle free.
Photo Credits: Pixabay