There are a number of things the make-up artist wishes their clients knew before they actually begin their work. A lot is going on, on their mind when they are dealing with the client. Here are a few things that the actual make-up artists have shared as to what they wish to share but cannot talk about it openly. So before you hit the salon chair for a make-up, make sure that you keep in mind a few things.
1. Mouth hygiene – The artist is going to be up close near your face and bad breath is something that can be unpleasant for them. Make sure that you have brushed your teeth and are smelling good.
2. Be reasonable with your inspiration – If you are looking for an inspiration from a celebrity, then make sure that you select a person has the same skin tone as you. For instance, if you have a wheatish skin and you come up with the picture of Angelina Jolie then that would never be fair for the artist working on you.
3. Behave well – Be well-mannered with the person working on you. Be kind and gentle as there could also be times when they could say that ‘they are booked’ when they are actually not.
4. Turn up with a cleansed face – Do not turn up for a make-up appointment with an oily and a dusty face. Make sure that you wash and cleanse before you begin your appointment.
5. Do not insult the profession – Don’t say ‘Don’t make me look like a clown’. This could be very insulting as you have hired the person after looking at their profile.
6. Do not be over-inspired by social media – Not everything that you see on the internet work as they claim. Ask for a suggestion from the make-up artist as they are the experts and would do the best.
Photo Credits: Pixabay