Garlic is an ingredient that works as a flavor in a number of cuisines. It tastes great when added to your pasta, lentils and more foods. Not many are aware of the number of health benefits of garlic due to its contents like vitamin B6, allicin, manganese, selenium and other anti-oxidants. People have been talking about the benefits of garlic since centuries. Some fresh garlic cloves can be added to the everyday diet. Here are some of the unknown benefits of consuming garlic on an everyday basis.
1. Lowers cholesterol – People who are prone to cardiovascular issues can consume garlic. The risk of heart issues reduces as it significantly reduces the cholesterol levels. But the key here is commitment to the remedy. Natural remedies take some time to work. The vitamins and minerals take time to build in the body.
2. Helps in improving fertility in men and women – It is beneficial for improving fertility in men and women. In women it stimulates the ovaries and keeps the ovum healthy. It is also beneficial for men as it improves sperm count.
3. Improves athletic performance – People during the olden times used to consume the herb to enhance their performance and reduce fatigue in people who are engaged in physical activities including athletics.
4. Strong bones – The herb helps to improve estrogen levels in women which is great for women who are undergoing menopause. It reduces the risk of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. However, women would still have to include healthy foods to have an actual impact on the bones.
5. Improves memory – Free radicals can contribute to ageing. The antioxidants found in garlic protect against the free radicals and increases the blood flow to the brain.
6. Improved skin – Garlic is an excellent ingredient for the skin as it has antibacterial and antifungal properties. In case of acne, you just need to rub it on the bumps and it would kill bacteria. However, it should not be overdone by people who have a sensitive skin.
Photo Credits: Pixabay