Tooth ache is a pain that can be cruel and can be caused due to a number of reasons. It is a pain that can be hardly tolerated and sometimes it is sudden and unbearable. A tooth pain can appear any time of the day or the night which would mean that you might not always be prepared of it. But for a temporary relief here are a few home remedies that can help to get rid of the tooth ache.
1. Salt water rinse – This is the simplest way of soothing a tooth ache. You need a glass of luke warm water and mix a teaspoon of salt to it. It works as a natural disinfectant and also helps to remove most of the food particles stuck between the teeth. Rinsing with warm water sooths the ache.
2. Cold compress – The swollen area can be soothed with the help of a cold compress. You can press an ice pack where you feel the pain and it will numb the area due to the low temperature and the pain will reduce automatically.
3. Cloves – A clove is a spice which is an age old ingredient that can be used to soothe a tooth ache. It can be rubbed on the affected area. You can also use clove oil and rub it on the affected area that helps to relief the pain.
4. Tea bags – You can make use of peppermint tea bags which are beneficial for tooth pain. You just need to hold a lukewarm tea bag on the affected area for a few minutes until the pain comes down. It helps to numb the pain.
5. Garlic – Garlic has anti-bacterial properties that help to relive tooth pain. You just need to crush a peeled garlic clove and apply it on the affected area. It helps to reduce the pain remarkably and also reduces the swelling.
Photo Credits: Pixabay