Food is something that people look forward to when they are hungry, happy or even sad. When a person is in a gloomy mood, they do not think of anything that is healthy, but tend to gorge in something that could be unhealthy but satisfied their taste buds. People usually rely on processed or sugary foods when they are not having a great day. But these are not just healthy, but could be harmful for the health in the long run. Here are a few healthy foods that can help you to boost your mood when you are not having a good day.
1. Dark Chocolate – Instead of regular chocolates, dark chocolate is less sugary and a little bitter in taste. It helps to increase the feel-good hormones and elevates your gloomy mood. Dark chocolate releases endorphins as well as serotonin levels which are linked to a happy mood.
2. Fish – Fish contains omega 3 fatty acids that helps to fight with depression. Salmon and tuna are great sources of Omega 3 and is also important for the brain development. Eating fish helps to get rid of your mood swings.
3. Bananas – Banana is a fruit that is so versatile and you can never get bored of them. They contain vitamin B6 and also release serotonin and dopamine in the body. Bananas give instant energy and makes the person feel fresh and in control of their emotions. They also help to bring a balance to the blood sugar levels in the body.
4. Nuts – Nuts like cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, raisins, pistachios or even seeds can make a great sack when you are not feeling good. They provide energy and also satisfy your hunger pangs without any feeling of guilt.
5. Oats – Oats is also a very versatile food. It can be eaten with milk and bananas or can also be made in to a savory snack with plenty of vegetables.
Photo Credits: Pixabay