The COVID-19 pandemic gave us all a new lesson and patience to spend time alone while you are being isolated. A Number of people across the globe had to isolate themselves due to the fear of the virus. The coronavirus is highly contagious and can be easily contracted by a person nearby you. People who have gone through an isolation period have talked about unpleasant experiences as they have to be alone and be on their own without interacting with people. While this could be a challenge, here are a few ways you can deal with the harsh self- isolation time during the pandemic.
1. Make the best use of the free time – You might have complained a number of times about lack of time and things you always wanted to do when you would be free. Now this is the time you take the opportunity to pick up hobbies that you always wanted pursue.
2. Keep a check on your health – Keep a close watch on your vitals, especially your oxygen saturation levels. Have a balanced diet and drink plenty of fluids, preferably hot ones. It will help to soothe the sore throat if any.
3. Be productive – Make sure that you make the best use of your time instead of spending the entire day watching your favourite shows on Netflix. A number of people might already be responsible for office work, but people who are not can pick up some work and be productive by picking up some hobby.
4. Meditate – This is also a time when you could be vulnerable to feel anxious and overwhelmed. This is the best time you can find time to meditate and be at peace. Meditation will help you to deal with anxiety and loneliness.
5. Keep in touch with family and friends – Despite being in isolation, you can still remain in touch with your family and friends. Connect through video calls and play online games.
Photo Credits: Pixabay