Monsoon is here and this is the time the skin behaves in a different way for a number of people. The season has a lot of moisture in the atmosphere and this to a certain extent affects the way the skin reflects. The skincare routine that you follow during the winter season might be of no use during the monsoon season. Here are a few things that you need to avoid doing with your skin during the monsoon season.
1. Do not have hot water showers – Long and hot water showers could be soothing during the cold and pleasant monsoon season, but it might not be healthy for the skin. Hot water can take away all the moisture of the skin and make it feel dry and flaky. You can use luke warm water instead.
2. Avoid bleaching the skin – Make sure that you avoid facials or bleaches during the monsoon season. The skin already has to deal with the excess moisture and a facial might lead to infection and acne that could do more damage than good.
3. Do not avoid the sunscreen – During the monsoon season, the sun is behind the clouds, that does not mean that it will have no effect on the skin. The UV rays continue to attack the skin. This means that even if the sun is not shining, you should not skip the sun-screen lotion.
4. Do not forget to remove your make-up – The make-up blocks the pores of the skin. It is essential that by the end of the day, the make-up should be removed by double cleansing method. It allows the skin to breath and rejuvenate.
5. Don’t use the wrong moisturizer– The skin has different needs during different season. Unlike the winter season, make sure that you use a moisturizer that is suitable for the skin during the monsoon season. You should not end up making your skin look more oily.
Photo Credits: Pixabay