While a number of people struggle to lose weight, most of the time it is the result of not having a control on their appetite. Many people also suffer from an eating disorder that includes the problem of not having a control on their portions. The problem might not be big and can be handled at home with the help of a few tips. There are certain foods that are considered as appetite suppressors. This means that consuming these foods would help you to have a control on your diet or eating habits and would keep you feeling full for a longer span.
1. High water and high fibre foods – Consume foods which are high on water and fibre which includes fruits like watermelon and musk melon. These fruits help to keep you hydrated and since they also contain a lot of fibre, they help to keep you full for a longer span. They are good for health and also provide essential nutrients.
2. Eggs – Eggs are a great source of protein and can be had any time in the day including breakfast. They can be included in salads, sandwiches and help to make a wholesome meal. They contain protein that makes you feel full for a longer time and suppresses your appetite.
3. Whole grains – Include whole grains in your food like kidney beans, chick peas and even popcorn, which is the most healthy and a guilt free snack. You can make this at home easily and while grains help to provide you with all the nutrition that is needed for the body.
4. Soups – Soups are a great way to fill your stomach. They can also be had as a meal provided you have some bread with it. They are nutritious and have all the goodness of the vegetables or meat that you prefer to have.
5. Yoghurt – Yoghurt is also a great way to suppress your hunger pangs. They are nutritious and is healthy for the gut.
Photo Credits: Pixabay