Tea is the basic morning beverage of a number of people across the globe. People across the globe have different ways of making it and have different flavours. But one thing that all of this has in common is its assurance of good health. A number of studies have been conducted on this beverage and it has been found that habitual consumers tend to live a longer and a healthier life. Currently as the world faces the COVID-19 crisis, tea can be a great way of protecting and maintaining good health. Here are a few ways why tea is beneficial and helps to improve body resistance.
1. Helps in digestion -It has contents that help in proper digestion of the food. It facilitates the process and a number of people also consume tea after meals. Certain variants like green tea or herbal tea is great for people who suffer from conditions like irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Contains anti-oxidants – It contains a substance called as polyphenols. It can be found in caffeinated and herbal teas. These contain anti-oxidants that help to reduce the risk of chronic illness. It has to be noticed that some of the variants like decaffeinated teas or bottled tea do not provide the same health benefits.
3. Boost immunity of the body – The beverage also contains bioactive and natural compounds that help to make the immune system of the body strong. Even research has shown that consuming tea on a regular basis allows them to reach the targets quickly. For a good immune system, the basil version is a great option.
4. Helps in hydration – A number of people think that drinking this brew, dehydrates the body but that is not true. It is different from coffee that contains diuretic substance which can dehydrate the body.
5. Good for heart health – People who have a habit of drinking the hot beverage on a regular basis tend to develop a resistance towards cardiovascular diseases.
Photo Credits: Pixabay