Black Fungus infection or mucormycosis, is a recent scare that has been affecting a number of patients who have recovered from COVID-19. Generally, the body has the ability to fight with this king of fungal infection, but since the COVID-19 patients are given steroids to recover fast, the immunity levels drop which makes them prone to mucormycosis. For now there is no cure for the disease, but it could be caught early. But precaution is always better than cure. Here are a few dental hygiene tips that can be followed by the people who are vulnerable to reduce the risk of the disease.
1. Brush twice a day – A person who has recovered from COVID-19 could develop a bacterial or fungal infection that could develop in the sinus, brain or lungs. It is wise to brush twice a day, rinse mouth after every meal and take regular dental clean-ups.
2. Maintain a good oral hygiene – Even after you have recovered from COVID-19, it is important to maintain good oral hygiene in order to protect themselves from the disease. After recovering make sure that you change your tooth brush. Make sure that you keep the tooth brush covered instead of keeping it open.
3. Cleaning your brush – Cleaning the toothbrush is a must and should be done on an everyday basis. Apart from the tooth brush, you should also make sure that you clean your tongue cleaner everyday with an anti-septic mouthwash. Also do not keep your tooth brush in the same holder as others.
4. Take your anti-biotics and steroids with medical advise – You should not abuse the use of anti-biotics and steroids. Make sure that you are taking the medicines only as per the advice of your physician.
5. Keep a check – Make sure that you keep a regular check in case of a slightest cavity in your teeth. In such a case, consult a dentist immediately.
Photo Credits: Pixabay