The skin is the biggest organ of the body and needs to be pampered and taken care of. A number of people have different skin regimes and many of them might even be fancy. There are a number of skin related products that are available in the market that suit different skin types. Not many are aware that there are certain skin regimes that should be avoided. Certain skin routines could be harmful for the skin and do no benefit. Here are a few common skincare mistakes that should be avoided at any cost.
1. Using harsh astringent products for oily skin – The skin has its own pH balance that could be disrupted due to the harsh products that contain astringent. It reduces the natural oil production of the skin. If the product is too harsh, you could mix it with rose water in equal quantities and store it in an air tight container.
2. Not taking off make-up – This is one of the most common skincare mistakes. During the night, the skin needs to breathe and taking off the layer of make-up is critical and important. Double cleanse your face before you go to sleep and apply a night cream.
3. Touching the face frequently – Our hands tends to have a number of germs and bacteria as we tend to touch different surfaces. Touching your face with your hands can make your skin prone to acne.
4. Long showers – Spending a long time in the shower makes the skin dry. The hot showers are more harmful as it takes away the natural oils and moisture from the skin making it dry and flaky.
5. Over application of skin products – Make sure that your skin routine is simple and not complex. Over application of skin creams and products will make your skin habitual and you might not get the ample benefits. Make sure that you use minimum skincare products.
Photo Credits: Pixabay