Lemon is a fruit that has generous amount of vitamin C which is an important nutrient the body needs to maintain immunity. A warm glass of lemon water first thing in the morning is a great way to begin your day. It is not just delicious but is also a refreshing drink that helps to flush out all the toxins from the body. Here are some of the benefits of drinking lemon water regularly.
1. Helps in weight loss – People who are looking forward to loose some weight can begin your day with a warm glass of lemon water. It helps to boost the metabolism of the body that in turn helps the body to burn fats faster. It also keeps the calorie levels in check.
2. Hydrates the body – Lemon is loaded with Vitamin C which helps to keep the body hydrated. Keeping the body hydrated helps to keep the body away from skin dryness, constipation and dehydration.
3. Improved digestion – Drinking lemon water on an empty stomach in the morning acts as a laxative for the body and improves the digestion system. It also helps to reduce the problem of constipation.
4. Helps to treat kidney stones – Lemons have citric acid that helps to break the stones to small pieces. It then helps to flush out the stones from the body.
5. Makes the skin glow – Vitamin C also helps to keep the skin healthy and glowing. The vitamin works as an anti-oxidant which aids to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles. It also relieves from skin dryness that is a common problem during the winter season.
If you do not like the tangy taste of lemon water, then optionally you can also add a teaspoon of honey which will add some sweetness. Honey is also a healthy option and has its own benefits when added to the everyday diet.
Photo Credits: Pixabay