Despite warnings, a number of people have the habit of combing their hair when it is wet. Wet hair tends to be more fragile and can also lead to hair breakage. Washing the hair makes the pores open while making it more sensitive and combing can cause hair fall as well as breakage. However, it is not always possible to wait until the hair dries up, especially during the morning hours when there is a rush. In such cases a few precautions can be taken.
1. Make use of a wide toothed comb – A wide toothed comb is gentle on the hair and it can be used by people who have short hair as well.
2. Pat dry after shampooing – Never ever comb your hair when water is dripping out. You need to wrap your hair gently in to a soft towel for at least 5 minutes. This helps the hair to retain the moisture. Once it is slightly dried, you can comb your hair.
3. Let it dry naturally – The most natural way to dry hair is to give it some sunlight. Make sure that you don’t over-do it as too much of sun can damage the hair cells. Let the hair dry as naturally as possible. Avoid using a hair dryer as it generates heat and too much of heat can make the hair frizzy.
4. Apply a hair serum – After shampooing and conditioning, make sure that you use a hair serum. It should be applied when your hair is dried about 70 percent. A hair serum helps to detangle the hair and is more beneficial for people with long hair.
5. Use wooden combs – Wooden combs cause less damage to the hair when compared to the plastic ones. They are also good as they don’t produce any static and helps to maintain the softness of the hair.
Photo Credits: Pixabay