Sesame seeds are known to be highly beneficial for health and are also known as the queen of oil seeds. These seeds are used in a number of cuisines across the globe and are known for enhancing the flavor of the food. Sesame seeds have vitamins, proteins and anti-oxidants that make them healthy. The specialty of sesame is that they are cash crops, which means that they can also survive even where there is not enough water. Sesame oil is one of the healthiest oils and is also great for the skin. Here are some of the health benefits of consuming sesame oil.
1. Regulates blood sugar levels – People who are diabetic can include sesame oil on a regular basis in their diet as it helps to regulate the blood sugar levels. It contains fibre and protein.
2. Has anti-inflammatory properties – Any kind of inflammation is bad for the health and can affect the body in a number of ways. Unhealthy inflammation can also lead to risk of heart problems. Sesame has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the inflammation noticeably.
3. Good for strong bones – Sesame oil is a great source of calcium that nourishes the bones. It is also rich in copper and provides relief for people who suffer from arthritis.
4. Good for maintaining oral health – This property is not known by many as the oil can also work as a mouth wash. Now many might think how an oil can work like a mouthwash. The fact is that it helps in removing the toxins and prevents the formation of plaque in teeth.
5. Improves body immunity – The oil is stuffed with the goodness of iron, zinc and Vitamin E. These are the nutrients that help to improve immunity and also improve the white blood cells that are helpful in preventing diseases and infection.
Tip – Sesame oil is expensive , so it need not be used on an everyday basis. It can be used twice a week by adding it in any of the foods.
Photo Credits: Pixabay