Ginger is a plant, the roots of which is widely used in a number of cuisines across the globe. It is also a known fact that the root is highly beneficial for the health and has a number of benefits if it is included on an everyday basis to the diet. Here are some of the health benefits of ginger if it is included on a day to day basis.
1. It has anti-inflammatory properties – it is due to its anti-oxidants, it has anti-oxidant properties. When the free radicals increase in the body, it can lead to inflammation. The natural immune response of the body leads to free radicals in the body.
2. Good to treat nausea – The root is one of the most common remedy to treat nausea since it contains the compound known as gingerol that helps to improve the gastric motility. It allows free flow of the food through the body and reduces the symptoms of nausea. It is also a safe remedy for pregnant women who suffer from morning sickness.
3. Helps to treat indigestion – The root helps to increase the production of the digestive enzymes that help to digest the food faster and prevents the formation of gas.
4. Reduces menstrual cramps – A number of women suffer from menstrual cramps during periods. Ginger helps to bring down the production of chemicals that allow the uterus to contract that causes the discomfort and cramps.
5. Regulates blood sugar levels -There are a number of evidences that mention that it helps to regulate the blood sugar levels in people who are diabetic. One of the studies also mentioned that taking ginger capsules also helped pregnant women with gestational diabetes.
Ginger can be taken in the morning in hot water with some honey (if you find the spice too pungent). The spice can also be added to the curries and a number of dishes and even tea and coffee.
Photo Credits: Pixabay