The wedding day is indeed a happy yet a stressful day for the family members and for the bride and the groom. This is the day you need to look at your best and all the work, stress and responsibilities can make it impossible. For that you need to have some good rest and sleep just before you say ‘I Do’. This might sound a little impossible for the reason that it could be impossible to fall asleep amidst all the hustle and bustle. But it is actually possible and here are a few tips.
1. Stick to a proper exercise and bedtime routine – Just because you are getting married, that does not take make it an excuse of not working out. Continue with your regular fitness routine which will help you to reduce your stress levels. By the night time you will be tired and will fall asleep naturally.
2. Be away from all the devices – Mobile phones, laptops and TVs are the culprits that can stop you from falling asleep. The light from these devices alerts the brain and makes you stay awake. Stop checking your smartphone at least an hour before you go to sleep.
3. Do not multitask – If you still have some responsibilities on yourself, play it smart and assign the work to someone else and take some time for yourself. Multitasking can increase your cortisol levels which are also known as the stress hormones which can take away your sleep.
4. Breathing exercise – Practice breathing exercises as it is not just good for your respiration, but also helps to calm your mind and allows you to have a good night sleep.
5. Maintain the same schedule everyday – Maintain your sleep, workout and work time everyday and try not to change it even during the weekends.
Following the above tips will help you to reduce the cortisol levels and will help you to look ravishing in the big day.
Photo Credits: Pixabay