Heart related ailments are one of the common cause of deaths across the globe. Though people are now slowly becoming aware about realizing the importance of the heart health, people still need to know how it has to be done. September 29 is observed as the World Heart Day across the globe and it is time that we spread awareness to keep the heart healthy and kicking. There are a number of ways how the heart can be kept healthy, here we will be discussing just a few that should suffice.
1. Exercise regularly – If not everyday, then you can workout at least thrice a week. You can take up any activity like walking, jogging, running, Zumba dance, swimming, any other sport or aerobics. 30 to 45 minutes of any one activity keeps the heart healthy.
2. Eat healthy –It is better to stay away from processed and greasy foods and opt for organic and foods that are filled with fibre. Processed and oily foods are the culprits and only raise the bad cholesterol levels in the body that cab also block the heart vessels. You could end up having a stroke.
3. Opt for healthy fats – There is a difference between trans fats and healthy fats. The body needs unsaturated fats, saturated fats and polyunsaturated fats and not trans fats, which are usually found in fried and processed foods. They increase the risk of heart problems and clogs the arteries.
4. Have proper sleep – The body needs to have a good night sleep after a full day of hardwork. It works like a recharge for the battery that has worked all day long.
5. Meditate – Meditation is a great way to declutter your mind and also drastically reduces the chances of cardiovascular diseases. A meditation session of about 15 minutes in a day should be sufficient.
6. Quit smoking – Smoking is one of the common factors that can lead to cardiac problems. Cigarettes contain some chemicals that create plaque in the arteries and can lead to cardiovascular diseases.
Photo Credits: Pixabay