Cucumber is surely one of the greatest ingredients that is used in a number of dishes across the globe. They not just make for a great salad, but also contribute towards skin care and health. Here we will be discussing about the number of skin benefits that you can get from cucumber.
1. Great for a hydrated skin – The beauty of a cucumber is that it contains about 85 to 95 percent of water in it and it totally depends on the variety of it. Cucumber water can be mixed with honey, aloe vera or glycerine and can be applied on the face.
2. Reduces puffy eyes – Puffy eyes occurs when you might have had a sound sleep in the night or due to tiredness. It can be used to reduce the swelling and puffiness around the eyes that usually occurs when a person is tired or has not had enough sleep. Cucumber is cold in nature and its chillness soothes the inflammation.
3. Works towards anti-ageing for the skin – It is very important to provide the skin with proper hydration or it could lead to fine lines or wrinkles. It can also lead to pre-mature skin ageing. Cucumber juice can be great when it is applied around the eyes and also good for people who have a sensitive skin.
4. Reduces and soothes irritable skin – Cucumber juice, as earlier mentioned is cooling and surely has the ability to soothe a skin that is caused due to sunburns, rashes or insect bites.
5. Reduces acne – Acne is one of the most common problems mostly faced by youngsters due to their lifestyle. They are also caused due to clogged pores and the juice helps to remove all the impurities on the skin and also clears of any breakouts.
You can extract some juice out of one big cucumber and apply nit all over the face with the help of a cotton ball. Alternatively, you can also splash it on the face and leave it on for 1 to 2 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
Photo Credits: Pixabay