When you are undergoing a weight loss plan, a proper and expert solution would mean to lose some fat and not the muscle. But if certain things are altered then there are chances that you might end up losing muscles and not the fat. Muscle fat plays a major role in burning energy and also contributes in losing fat. The more muscles you have, the body is able to burn more fat. If you star losing muscles then it can have a negative impact on the overall health. Here are a few signs what could signal that you are losing muscle mass instead of fat.
1. You might feel lethargic – Even during the everyday activities, you might end up feeling lethargic. Not eating properly or not having a balanced diet can also lead to loss of muscles. This could lead to an impaired function.
2. You are not able to lift weights – You might have lifted heavy weights in the past, but if you are not able to do so or if you feel that your capacity has gone down, then it might be a sign that you are losing your muscle mass.
3. Losing weight fast – Losing weight very fast might seem pleasant and delightful, but you need to be careful as you might have also lost your muscle weight as well.
4. You might not notice any prominent changes – There could also be a situation when you might not feel ant physical change in yourself, but your percentage of fat does not change. It is a clear indication that you are losing your muscle weight fast.
5. You are unable to make any progress – While you are working out constantly but you are not able to increase the weights that you have been lifting. There could also be more factors that could be leading to such signs and it is always better to consult a professional.
Photo Credits: Pixabay