Gone are the days when a simple flu with cough and cold were considered as normal and was treated with home remedies or basic medicines that were available from over the top at the medicine shops. But now during the coronavirus pandemic, even a simple sneeze or a cough or a mild body temperature will leave you worried if you have contracted the virus. Under such circumstances, it is essential that you maintain a proper and good body immunity so you do not have to rely on pills or any home remedies. Here are a few nutrients that should include in diet that will help to boost the immunity.
1.Vitamin E – It is one of the greatest sources of anti-oxidants that helps to reduce the free radical damage and also reduces the pace of ageing of the cells. Free radicals is a natural body process which tends to shorten the life of the cells. Some of the sources of vitamin E include nuts, seeds, green and leafy vegetables, spinach and a nutritious breakfast cereal.
2. Vitamin C – Vitamin C is one of the best vitamins that improves the immune system that aids the cellular function. Many of the patients infected of coronavirus are asked to take vitamin C supplements.
3. Vitamin D – This vitamin plays an important role in the life cycle of cells. Your body needs to make natural Vitamin D and a moderate exposure to sunlight helps to get sufficient Vitamin D to fight off the infection.
4. Omega 3 Fatty acids – it helps to fight many autoimmune diseases and includes Crohn’s disease, type 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Zinc – It is another nutrient for a good immune system. Some of the sources of Zinc include oysters, baked beans, nuts, chickpeas, milk products and whole grains.
6. Probiotics – Probiotics are in fact live microorganisms that helps to maintain good health of the gut. When the gut is healthy, it automatically gives a healthy immune system.
Photo Credits: Pixabay