Rains can be unpredictable and can strike anytime and mostly when you leave the house without an umbrella. This happens by mistake, but when you end up returning home drenched, this can compromise your health especially at a time when it is important to remain healthy and immune. Moisture and wetness can also invite a number of other problems related to the skin and include fungal infections, psoriasis and eczema. Here are a few ways you can remain safe and moisture and rain proof.
1. Maintain a balanced diet – This is the first step that has to be taken when you are taking care of yourself amidst a number of viral infections. Stick to foods that help to improve your immunity like eggs, ginger, carrots, broccoli, turmeric and avocado which are not just good for overall health but is also good for the skin and hair.
2. Mosquito repellents – No matter what use mosquito repellents all the time. The market has a number of mosquito repellents which are non-sticky and skin friendly. When you step out or even are at home, make sure that you apply these repellents. Make sure that you done have any water clogged anywhere.
3. Workout – Since it is still not safe to go to the gym or other public places, it is always a better option to workout at home to stay fit and healthy. To add some fun, you can turn on some music and do aerobics and it also helps to maintain an optimum weight.
4. Take proper care of wounds – Open wounds have to be taken care of as moisture can infect it easily. Treat them well with anti-septics and proper medications.
5. Take good care of skin – If you get drenched in the rain, have a shower and dry yourself properly to keep yourself from allergies and infections. Do not wear wet clothes. Wear less or no make-up as it can causes acne and blemishes.
Photo Credits: Pixabay