After a long day’s work, a good night’s sleep is what everyone looks for. A good sleep is important especially when you are dealing with anxiety or stress. There can also be circumstances when this anxiety or stress creeps in to your sleep. This is known as anxiety dreams and could be very unpleasant for the person who is going through it. It not just disturbs the sleep but also increases the anxiety. Such a situation occurs if the person is constantly worrying about something that is going on in his/her life. These dreams can stress the person and can also make them anxious the next morning.
If a person is suffering from anxiety then the emotions might continue when they wake up and could also experience night mares. When they are feeling anxious after waking up, it can also last the whole day and it is known to be a vicious cycle. Some of the common causes of anxiety dreams are fear, insomnia, traumatic events, usage of drugs, sudden changes in life and alcohol.
Ways to deal with anxiety dreams:
1. Get back to sleep if you wake up in the middle of the night. This can be tough but a few things like instructed meditations or soft music or breathing exercise can help.
2. Avoid watching TV or something in your mobile phone. Keep the lights of the room dim and avoid waking up in the middle of the night.
3. Keep calm if you are getting cranky. You can indulge in some stretches and walk around the house. You can also gulp down a warm glass of milk.
4. You can begin a bed-time routine that can help you to relax and have a better sleep.
5. Avoid things that stress you out before you go to bed. Like it could be the habit of checking your mail before going to bed.
6. Share your thoughts and feelings with someone you trust.
Photo Credits: Pixabay