There are many people who are under the impression that cooking and managing things in the kitchen is no less than rocket science. While this might be true for some people who might not be very fond of cooking or spending time in the kitchen. For those who are not very fond of spending more time in the kitchen, a few hacks can make things easy for them to spend smart time in the kitchen.
1. Use the grater wisely – it can be tricky to clean a grater after it is used. Use a plastic sheet on the cooking equipment and you can then start rubbing the food items against it. After you are finished, just throw away the sheet. Make sure you use a biodegradable plastic sheet.
2. Prevent potatoes from rotting fast – When you buy potatoes, make sure you store them at a cool and dry place and away from onions. You can also alternatively store then with apples as it helps to reduce the rotting process.
3. Keep eggs fresh – You can keep the eggs fresh for a longer time by smearing them with vegetable oil on them and store them in the fridge.
4. Keep green vegetables fresh – The best way to keep the green vegetables fresh is by washing them and allow them to dry. Then store them in a dry biodegradable plastic bag, fill air in it and tie it up.
5. Ways to fix over-salted food – Cut wedges of potatoes and add it to the curry that has mistakenly become too salty. Cook it with the potatoes on low flame and remove them just before serving.
6. Soften butter faster – Cut the butter in to cubes and let it sit on the kitchen counter for 20 minutes. The whole stick can take a longer time while the cubes can soften faster.
Photo Credits: Pixabay