Our body is in constant need of a few vital nutrients and vitamins. The nutrients play a very important role with the body and are vital for good health. Here will be will be talking about the importance of copper in the body. There is a very small amount of copper that is required for the body and can be found through a number of natural sources. Copper is important for proper functioning of the organs, proper production of melanin and tissues, bone formation and even cell renewal process. Here are a few foods which are rich in copper and can be included in your diet.
1. Sea food – Seadfood is usually rich in copper content, especially lobster and oysters are rich in copper. Even some of the organ meats like the liver is said to be very nutritious and provides all other micronutrients as well like the folate, vitamin A, iron, choline and B12.
2. Nuts – Nuts are considered as super foods as they provide a whole range of nutrients and vitamins which are essential for the body. The nuts like almonds, cashews can be included in your everyday diet. Even some of the seeds like the sunflower seeds are also great for the health.
3. Mushrooms– Mushrooms is a great option for people who are vegan. The Shiitake Mushrooms are super rich in the mineral and also contain manganese, zinc, selenium, folate along with vitamins, B6, B5, B1 and D.
4. Green and leafy vegetables – Green and leafy vegetables should be a staple and not just contains the mineral but also rich in the other components like iron. Cooked spinach is a great option and can provide about 33 percent of the RDI for it.
5. Dark Chocolate – Not many might be knowing about this quality of dark chocolate. They have anti-oxidants and are also rich in copper. Surprisingly, 100 grams of dark chocolate has about 200 percent of the RDI for the required mineral. But make sure that you do not overeat dark chocolate as it also contains a lot of calories.
Photo Credits: Pixabay