Not many know about the wood apple fruit which is not just refreshing, but has a mild sweetness to it that provides several health benefits. It is cooling and has a number of benefits along with medicinal properties. The fruit is commonly found in the south Asian countries and has a hard surface and grows on a big tree. They are so versatile that they can be had fresh, dried or even in the juice form. Here are a few health benefits of the wood apple fruit.
1. Heals gastric ulcers – This is surely a remarkable benefit for those who suffer from gastric ulcers. It creates a layer inside the stomach which begins the healing process of the ulcers due to the phenolic compounds.
2. Good for people suffering from cholesterol issues – People who have high levels of bad cholesterol should include wood apple in their diet on a regular basis. It phenomenally helps in bringing down the bad cholesterol levels.
3. Has the ability to treat diarrhea, dysentery and even cholera – Wood apple contains the tannin content which works like wonders in case of some of the diseases like diarrhea and cholera. 20 percent of the compound can be found on the rim while the pulp has about 9 percent.
4. Good for the heart health – Eating ripe wood apple fruit is very beneficial for the heart health. The fruit along with clarified butter has been used as a treatment for heart strokes and attacks.
5. Helps with constipation problems – The fruit is a great laxative which relieves people from constipation problems. It is recommended to drink the juice of the fruit for a few months to have better results.
6. Relieves Skin rashes – The fruit can also have a great effect on people who have skin rashes and its symptoms too.
7. Helps to control diabetes – Wood apple helps to control the blood sugar levels as it energizes the pancreas and helps it to produce more insulin.
Photo Credits: Pixabay