Figs are very common yet very popular kind of dry fruit that has a number of health benefits. The dry fruit is highly recommended for women who are expecting or are trying to have a baby. The best part is that it can be consumed in a number of ways. It could be added to a number of dishes, could be soaked in milk or could also be added to boiled water. Checkout some of the amazing health benefits of Anjeer.
1. Helps to control weight – Figs are rich in fibre which helps to burn excess fat in the body. The dry fruit can be consumed in moderate amount which can help to keep your body weight in check and in control.
2. Regulates blood pressure – Blood pressure is a very vital part of the body. It is not supposed to be too low and not supposed to be too high. The fruit is rich in potassium, which dissolves the effect of sodium and controls blood pressure. They also contain enough estrogens and iron that help to prevent the ageing effect.
3. Good for heart health – Excess amount of triglyceride levels are bad for the heart and can lead to deadly diseases. Figs helps to reduce the triglyceride levels and can also cause heart attacks.
4. Helps to control blood sugar levels – Fig contains chlorogenic acid that reduces the blood sugar levels in the body and is mainly helpful for people who suffer from diabetes. It also cingtains potassium which is also good to control diabetes.
5. Good for bones – Calcium content in a fig helps to strengthen the bones.
6. Deals with constipation issues – As mentioned earlier, figs contain fibre which eases constipation and improves bowel movement.
7. Good for reproductive system – The dry fruit is rich in magnesium, minerals, zinc and manganese which is good for fertility. Figs can be consumed with milk and is great for women who are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Photo Credits: Pixabay