Kidney beans are known for their ample protein content. Health experts have always talked about the health benefits of such beans which come in many versions. The best feature about it is it is helpful in weight loss. Here are some of the health benefits of Kidney beans.
1. Good source of protein – Kidney beans, as mentioned before are stuffed with proteins. Just 100 grams of serving of raw kidney beans has 24 grams of protein. They can be combined with rice which makes it a great protein meal. They contain the protein phaseolin, which can also cause allergies in some. So make sure that you are aware of any food allergies that you have before you consume kidney beans.
2. Aids digestion – These beans contain plenty of fibre which is indeed good for digestion and also promotes bowel movement. People who suffer from constipation issues can consume kidney beans once in a while. But make sure that you don’t overeat them as large portions can lead to gas formation in the stomach.
3. Good for diabetic patients – Kidney beans is a good source of slow-release carbohydrates. Thee are the good carbohydrates which delays the digestion process and releases the sugar in the blood slowly. They also have low glycaemic index which makes it healthy for people who are diabetic.
4. Rich in minerals – They are rich in minerals like iron, phosphorous which help to make the bones stronger. It also contains Vitamin K which makes a protective layer on the nervous system and protects it from free radicals.
5. Regulates cholesterol levels – Kidney beans contains soluble fibre which pulls liquid and turns in to gel during the digestion process. Soluble fibre always helps in the digestion process and is also effective for removing unhealthy cholesterol levels.
6. Helps in weight loss – As mentioned earlier, the fibre content in it makes you feel full for a longer time. This eventually helps in weight loss.
Photo Credits: Pixabay