Cinnamon is a spice which is known for its amazing flavor and is used in a number of ways. Apart from cuisines, the spice can also make a great flavor of coffee. Cinnamon not just adds a great flavor to the beverage, but also has a number of health benefits. The hot spice comes with a number of benefits and here are a few reasons why it can be added to your everyday cup of kick.
1. Helps in weight loss – Cinnamon is a spice which suppresses the appetite. When you add it to your coffee, it will make you feel full for a longer time and also keeps away the hunger pangs and craving for having something junk. It surely helps people who are trying to shed those extra kilos.
2. Keeps the blood sugar levels in check – You just need to a pinch of cinnamon powder to your coffee or other hot beverage as it helps to maintain the blood sugar levels. Since the flavor itself is sweet, you will not feel like you are missing out on sugar even if you are not adding sugar in the coffee.
3. Good medicine for fever and cold – The spice has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which means it helps to maintain the immunity of the body. It also has anti-inflammatory features which can be helpful in relieving any kind of pain or discomfort which is caused by flu.
4. Had plenty of anti-oxidants – Coffee is already packed with anti-oxidants, which helps to keep the free radicals away, which are responsible in the ageing of skin. When the spice is added to the beverage, the anti-oxidants levels increases automatically.
5. Good for heart health – Cinnamon is brings down the risk of heart-related ailments. But it is suggested that the spice and coffee must be consumed in moderation. Anything in excess can be harmful for the body and can take away the good benefits that it actually provides.
Photo Credits: Pixabay