Herbal tea decoctions are indeed good for health due to its anti-oxidant content in it. But not many are aware that drinking herbal teas on a regular basis also helps in improving the quality of your skin and makes it look radiant and glowing. Apart from anti-oxidants, herbals teas also consist of nutrients that help to repair any damage to the skin that is caused by everyday pollution or stress. Here are a few herbal teas which work in different ways for the benefit of the skin.
1. Green tea – Green tea is a very common variant and is commonly available at every store these days. In terms of home remedies it can be used as a skin exfoliator and eliminates all the excess dirt that sits on the skin, making it look supple and healthy.
2. Chamomile tea – Once again this particular herbal tea has a number of anti-oxidants and also has anti-inflammatory properties. It also has anti-bacterial properties which makes it great for people who suffer from acne. On a regular basis sip on some chamomile tea which works well with breakouts on skin.
3. Lemongrass tea – Lemongrass tea can be the best solution to detoxify the body as well as your skin. People who are dealing with blemishes and pimples can apply lemongrass tea to it directly with the help of cotton. It soothes and has a cooling impact on the affected area.
4. Lavender tea – This surely smells great and also has a soothing impact on the skin. It also reduces any kind of irritation, redness or inflammation. It is great for skin infections and also reduces its impact on the skin.
5. Oolong tea – People who are having dark spots and wrinkles can depend on Oolong tea. Just apply a mixture of Oolong tea on the affected area on a regular basis and it helps to reduce the signs of aging including fine lines.
Photo Credits: Pixabay