While many people have become health conscious these days, but even the health conscious ones, observe a cheat day. It is OK to once in a while indulge in street food but one has to be careful while eating out. Food poisoning is a condition when unhealthy food takes a tool on the stomach, especially when the immunity of the body is low. Some of the major symptoms of food poisoning is abdominal pain, vomiting and loose motions. If the symptoms are not very severe, you can try a few home remedies before going to the doctor.
1. Avoid solid food and hydrate the body with fluids – The body loses plenty of fluids in case of food poisoning due to constant vomiting and loose motions. It is essential to restore the fluids that have been lost. It is recommended to have plenty of fruit juices (preferably freshly prepared and not stored). A nice and fresh squeeze of lemon juice or coconut water works like medicine for the body.
2. Nutmeg – Nutmeg is a spice that has medicinal properties. You just need add a pinch of nutmeg powder in warm water and drink it not more than twice a day. It is the most natural home remedy.
3. Apple cider vinegar – Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with one cup of warm water. Drink the preparation before you eat anything. It helps to kill bacteria and provides relief from food poisoning.
4. Ginger – Ginger is a spice that is helpful in curing a number of ailments. You can add one inch crushed ginger in to black tea with some honey. This provides instant relief from nausea and also reduces stomach pain.
5. Cumin seeds – Put one spoonful of cumin seeds in to one cup of water and allow it to boil. Now add a pinch of salt and a spoon of fresh coriander juice to it.
Photo Credits: Pixabay