Mustard oil is known for its goodness for the skin as well as overall health. It is mostly used as a cooking oil, but is also good for skincare. The oil is extracted from the seeds of mustard plant that has several health benefits and also has a positive effect on the skin. Here are a few skin care benefits of mustard oil and can be added to everyday skin care routine.
1. Prevents ageing process – Mustard oil is rich in the vitamins like A, B complex and E which helps in preventing the ageing process of the skin. Oil helps to delay the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
2. Remove Dark Spots – People who have dark spots can use this oil. It also helps to reduce tan and pigmentation and reduces them during the prolonged use. This can also be added to the regular face masks. After applying the face mask, let it rest for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
3. Treats infections and rashes – The oil has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to prevent conditions like rashes and other infections. Mustard oil also helps to prevent dryness, especially during the winter season.
4. Works as a sunscreen – Not many might be aware that mustard oil also works as a natural sunscreen as it contains Vitamin E. Before stepping out in the sun, you can apply a small amount of it. Make sure that you don’t apply too much of it as it might attract dust. This oil tends to be a little thick due to which it can make the skin sticky.
5. Lightens skin tone – Once again its vitamin E content helps to lighten the skin tone. Mix mustard oil and coconut oil in equal proportions and massage it on the skin every night before going to bed. You will slowly notice a change in the skin tone.
Photo Credits: Unsplash