Basil leaves is one of the most important spices and is very commonly found in the Asian cuisines. The leaves can be consumed on an everyday basis as they also have medicinal properties and are also rich in vitamins and minerals. They have also been tested in many of the home remedies as it can deal with bacteria and viral infections. Here are a few health benefits of consuming basil on an everyday basis.
1. Helps to improve immunity – Basil leaves are great for the improved immunity of the body. There are drops as well as tablets that are easily available in the market. If you do not want to consume them as supplements, then even the leaves can be eaten directly. You can munch on a couple of leaves on an everyday basis, preferably on an empty stomach.
2. Good for the respiratory health – Basil oil contains cineole, eugenol and camphene. One can easily find basil essential oil in the market and usage of a few drops of the essential oil can help in clearing nasal congestion. It can also be used for people who are suffering from asthma or cough. Basil essential oil also protects the respiratory system from pollution, tuberculosis and smoking.
3. Good for the kidneys – Basil has detox abilities and helps to reduce the levels of uric acid and protects the organ from kidney stone formation. It also helps to regulate renal health.
4. Good for the skin – The leaves are rich in anti-oxidants that prevents early ageing of the skin. It also has Vitamin C which also fights with the harmful effects of free radicals.
5. Deals with fever – Not many might know that basil is also helpful in bringing down the body temperature. Its anti-bacterial and antiviral properties helps to keep the body free from infections.
6. Good for the heart health – It helps to reduce the bad cholesterol levels in the body and also protects from Chronic heart diseases.
Photo Credits: Pixabay