Fibre is an element which is very essential for the human body as it helps to burn fats and keeps you feel full for a longer time and aids in weight loss. Even for those who are not looking for losing weight, adding fibre is essential in everyday diet. It promotes healthy functioning of the body and also helps in healthy digestion. Fibre also helps to reduce the production of bad cholesterol in the body. Here are a few foods which are a good source of fibre:
1. Whole Grains – Whole grains include oats, brown rice, wheat, barley and corn which are rich and stuffed with fibre and should be included in everyday diet.
2. Legumes – Legumes are also rich in fibre and the family includes peas, chickpeas, soybeans, peanuts and tamarind. They can be easily found in any kitchen and are also a good source of protein, folate, vitamin and manganese.
3. Broccoli – Broccoli is not just a big source of fibre but also has calcium, Vitamin C and folate. Just make sure that broccoli is not overcooked and should be just tossed in a teaspoon of oil before consuming.
4. Flax seeds – Flax seeds can be consumed as dry fruits and can be added to smoothies. They are great source of protein and can also be eaten as such. They are easy to digest and can be added to the multi-grain bread to make it even more healthy.
5. Apples – Yes apples do keep the doctor away due to its fibrous content. An apple contains about 4 grams of fibre and depends on the size. It protects the arteries and lowers the bad cholesterol levels.
6. Avocados – Avocados can go with anything and can be had with salads, toast or even with eggs. They are yummy and also healthy and are known for their healthy fats. They are rich in vitamins and are a great source of protein.
Photo Credits: Pixabay