Protein is a nutrient that plays a very important role in the proper functioning of the organs. They provide a structure to the cells and also help to transport molecules from one location to the other. Though there are various sources of protein, but sometimes it becomes tough for the vegans to f9nd a good source of the nutrient. Here are some good source of protein for the vegans.
1. Almonds – Nuts are a great source of protein. Almonds are specially packed with anti-oxidants, calcium, iron, good fats, vitamin E, Vitamin B, phosphorus. A handful of almonds can be a good source of Protein.
2. Lentils and Beans – There are different types of lentils and beans that are available in the market. They are loaded with proteins and are also good for the health as they contain a lot of fibre which also makes it good for those who wish to lose some weight.
3. Peanut butter – As stated earlier, nuts are a good source of the nutrient and peanut butter is surely stuffed with some goodness. One has to just make sure that they opt for the natural peanut butter and do not contain oil, sugar or salt which can be harmful.
4. Green and leafy vegetables – Green vegetables like spinach are considered as super foods and are high on nutrient content. Apart from green vegetables, other veggies like potatoes, broccoli, asparagus and artichokes are also a great source of proteins.
5. Chick Peas – Chick peas are stuffed with proteins and other nutrients. Hummus is made from Chick peas is a great companion for salads.
6. Soy nuggets – Soy nuggets are not just a good source of protein, but can be used in different ways in cooking. They can be cooked with rice or can be minced to make meat like patties for burgers.
Apart from proteins it is also important to consume other nutrients and maintain a balanced diet.
Photo Credits: Pixabay