Losing extra weight has never been easy and many still struggle to despite having a healthy lifestyle on an everyday basis along with regular exercise. It becomes even more tricky for people who suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome also known as PCOS. Such a condition occurs due to imbalances caused in hormones and irregular menses. Small cysts develop on one or both the ovaries and makes it tough for women with PCOS to reduce extra weight.
1. Consume ample protein – Protein helps to balance blood sugar levels and helps in weight loss by bringing down the craving levels by managing hunger hormones. You can try adding healthy proteins like eggs, nuts and tofu to your everyday diet. This helps in weight loss especially for women, who suffer from PCOS.
2. Cut down on carbohydrates – Women who suffer from PCOS must follow a low carb diet and must cut down on the everyday consumption of carbohydrates as much as possible. A low carb diet helps to manage the insulin levels and this in turn helps in weight loss.
3. Consume more fibre – Consuming food that have more fibre content, helps to stay full for a longer period. It also helps in reducing resistance of insulin, body weight and excess body fat that aids in weight loss.
4. Eat sensibly – Women who suffer from PCOS, are more likely to suffer from eating disorders compared to other women. It is essential to think sensibly and make sensible decision in terms of diet as it will help you to lose weight with ease.
5. Limit sugar intake – Try reducing the added sugar in your diet as they flare the blood sugar count, that can can result in weight gain.
Photo Credits: Pixabay