Menstrual cramps can be really problematic and painful for some women. There are a few foods that can drastically reduce the discomfort and pain that is caused during menstruation. Consuming painkillers can give you temporary relief but it is not good to take too many medications and they also cause side effects if they are used for long term. Here are a few foods that can be help to relieve menstrual cramps.
1. Broccolli – Broccoli has high fibre content and is loaded with minerals and vitamins. The vegetable is also rich in iron and helps the body get back, what it has been losing along with blood. This also helps to reduce pain.
2. Bananas – Bananas are loaded with potassium and helps with the bloating issue during periods. They are also rich in magnesium and natural sugar. The high vitamin and mineral content also includes vitamin B and helps to improve your condition and reduce cramping.
3. Oranges – Oranges is a fruit that has high content of vitamin C and D along with certain minerals like potassium and magnesium. Such vitamins and minerals help to absorb iron on the body and helps to reduce discomfort and pain.
4. Lemon – Lemon is again rich in vitamin C and fibre. The fibre content helps to relax the muscles and vitamin C helps to increase iron and helps with the blood loss.
5. Milk and yoghurt – Dairy products are rich in calcium as well as antioxidants. Calcium helps to strengthen bones and muscles. It also helps to reduce muscle pain and aches.
Nearly everyone hate the pain and discomfort that is caused by menses but since it is a natural cycle it has to be taken positively. Many can also distract themselves by indulging in exercise other physical activities. It is essential to consume enough vitamins and minerals as loss of blood during menstruation can also drain out a lot of energy from the body.
Photo Credits: Pixabay