A poor sleep in the night can ruin your entire day ahead and also has negative effects on the hormones, brain function and performance. Lack of sleep can also lead to obesity and other related health issues. Here are a few effective tips that can help you to have a sound sleep.
1. Avoid caffeine in during late evening hours – Eating late in the night or having caffeinated drinks late in the evening, puts an impact on the sleep patterns. It impacts the circadian rhythm and tricks the brain to think that it is day time and reduced the hormone called as melatonin that helps you to relax and get deep sleep.
2. Reduce exposure to blue light – It is good to stay in light in the day time, but in the night time reduce you exposure to light, especially when you are planning to sleep. Avoid usage of mobile phones, laptops and tablets.
3. Indulge in relaxation and meditation in the evening – During the evening hours, you can indulge in meditation and other relaxation techniques as they help in having a sound sleep. You can listen to music, read a book or take a hot bath and practice deep breathing.
4. Maintain a single sleep schedule – It is recommended to have at least seven hours of sleep for an adult and not more than 8 hours. Make sure you maintain this patter even during the weekends.
5. Avoid long afternoon naps –Afternoon naps surely help to improve productivity. It is good to have a nap of 20 to 30 minutes , but beyond that can spoil your night sleep.
6. Create a good environment – Make sure you are in a very comfy zone. You need a dark room with perfect temperature, a perfect mattress, a perfect pillow and a quite atmosphere that helps to have a deep and sound sleep.
Photo Credits: Pixabay