Everything that we do in life has some scope for improvement. Being human beings, we tend to make mistakes but many of us do not take criticism the right way. Many of us come across some amount of criticism. Constructive and positive criticism helps us to learn and fix the errors of our way. It teaches us where we are going wrong. But this surely gives a jerk as it hurts. It can hurt your self-respect and can also takes down your confidence. It is important to realize that you must not allow criticism to damage you. Here are a few ways you can deal with it.
1. Listen – It is important to listen to know if the criticism that is coming your way is constructive or not. You have to be a good listener.
2. Remain calm – You have to remain calm and not jump in to conclusions. You do not also have to jump in to conclusions. Instead you can thank the person and take time to think about it.
3. Do not take it to your heart – Negative criticism can hurt but do not allow it to have negative emotions. Don’t allow them to stress you out.
4. Ignore – There are also times when you can receive negative or false criticism. At such times, you have to learn to ignore it. Do not take it personally and do not allow it to take over your emotions.
5. Don’t get angry – Here is when your patients are tested. When you hear a criticism, do not get angry. Swallow it with a pinch of salt and try to understand that it is not necessarily a bad thing.
6. Learn – The most important thing is to learn from such criticisms. Fix it if you are wrong. You always have a chance to fix your mistakes and errors.
7. Do not overthink – It is pointless to think about how, when and where it was said. Let it go.
Photo Credits: Pixabay