Pigmentation can sometimes be very annoying. These days taking care of the skin is no less than a task. Pigmentation happens due to constant exposure to sun and pollution. It occurs when dark spots are formed on the skin making it look dull and uneven. Here are a few home remedies which can be applied to get rid of skin pigmentation.
1. Yogurt – Yogurt contains lactic acid and helps in shedding the dead cells from the skin. It helps in reducing the pigmentation spots. Apply one tablespoon of yogurt on the affected areas and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
2. Potatoes – The vegetable contains anti-pigmentation properties and they are known to work well on pigmented areas and blemishes. Take one raw potato and some water. Cut in to half and dip the sliced part in to water. Rub the potato slice on the affected areas in circular motion for about ten minutes. Wash face with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure twice a week.
3. Coconut oil – Coconut oil helps to replenish the dead skin cells and also protects it from harmful UV rays. First wash face to remove excessive dirt and apply coconut oil to your face and massage it so that it penetrates deep down the skin’s layers. After massaging, leave the oil for 20 to 25 minutes so the extra oil gets absorbed.
4. Papaya – The fruit contains excellent exfoliating properties and helps eliminating the dead skin cells and promotes the growth of new cells by curing hyperpigmentation. Take three teaspoons of papaya extract, milk and organic honey and mix all the ingredients and apply it on the face and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
5. Sandalwood – Sandalwood is good for the skin and helps lighten the pigmentation. Mis some sandalwood powder with rose water and apply the paste on the face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Photo Credits: Pixabay