An itchy scalp can be the most irritating condition. It can also be embarrassing when you are in a mid of an important meeting at the office or are attending a formal event. There can be various reasons for an itchy scalp and some of the reasons include dryness, dandruff, bacterial infection and ringworm. Here are a few simple home remedies that can help in getting rid of an itchy scalp.
1. Olive Oil – Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in treating the itchiness by nourishing and moisturizing. Take 5 to 7 drops of olive oil and apply directly on the scalp. Massage for a few minutes and leave it overnight.
2. Baking Soda – Baking soda has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and is good for hairfall or even itchiness. Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda and water and add both the ingredients. Mix in to a consistency to make a thick paste. Take the paste and spread it on the scalp and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash your hair with regular shampoo.
3. Coconut oil – Coconut is stuffed with anti-fungal properties and can treat itchiness and fungal infections. Oiling the hair with coconut oil helps to balance the moisture. Take warm coconut oil and massage on the scalp for ten minutes. Allow it to stay for ten minutes and rise off with a mild shampoo.
4. Tea tree oil – It has anti-fungal properties as well as anti-bacterial properties and helps by moisturizing and nourishing the scalp. Take 5 to 7 drops of tea tree oil and apply it directly to the scalp. Massage for a few minutes and leave it overnight.
5. Aloe vera gel – This is the most natural moisturizer that helps in treating an itchy scalp. The plant has anti-microbial and soothing properties. The gel can be applied directly to the scalp. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with luke-warm water.
Photo Credits: Pixabay