Clarified butter or ghee is one of the most treasured foods from India and is also known for its healing properties. It is made from milk that contains Omega 3 fatty acids, butyric acid, vitamin A and healthy fats. It is not just good for the digestive system but it also a great aid to strengthen the digestive system. Clarified butter has a lot to offer and there are various home remedies to make sure to use Ghee to its full potential.
1. Clogged nose – A blocked or clogged nose can be very annoying. You can just pour a few drops of warm ghee in to the nostrils first thing in the morning. This remedy provides instant relief as it travels all the way down to the throat and soothes the infection.
2. Digestive health – People who suffer from constipation can take one or two teaspoons of clarified butter in a cup of hot milk during bed time. It contains butyric acid that is good for the health of the intestinal walls. Ghee helps to increase digestive fire and helps to improve absorption and assimilation.
3. Helps to cut belly fat – Clarified butter contains amino acids which helps in mobilizing the fat and thus makes the fat cells to shrink in size. Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids also help to lose the inches from the body and shed body fat.
4. Good for diabetics – Spreading ghee over the chapattis, parathas or white rice helps to bring down the glycaemic index and also makes them more moist and digestible.
5. Good for hair – Ghee can make a great conditioner for dry and frizzy hair. Mix two tablespoons of ghee and one tablespoon of olive oil and apply it on the hair and leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Using ghee with lemon also helps to fight problem of dandruff.
Photo Credits: Pixabay