Skincare is a ritual that is ignore by many people. Most of them concentrate more on keeping fit but forget that even your skin requires your attention. There are many expensive skin care products which are available in the market but not many are aware that there are a few simple and tasty snacks which have the potential to replace the expensive skin care products. Here are a few snacks which are good for the skin and are also palate friendly.
1. Pomegranates – Pomegranates are great for fighting age. As people grow old, the cells break down and get sluggish. A recent study has suggested that pomegranates can help to power these cells again and provide the right bacteria to build the active ingredient urolithin. The fruit is rich in vitamins and is a great way to begin your day.
2. Pumpkins – People who need a glow on their faces often turn to the sun to get a color. But that comes with a bunch of skin problems. Pumpkins are packed with carotenoids, which not just deal with the sun damage but also gives a rosy glow on your face with a natural reddish color. Eating pumpkins are a much better option than getting sun tanned with skin problems.
3. Oysters – People who have problems of dryness and rough skin, can snack on oysters. Oysters are high on zinc and vitamin C, which helps to improve rough, dry and spotty complexions. Oysters are not just good for skincare but is also good for the hair and scalp health.
4. Walnuts – Walnuts are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which helps in keeping the skin hydrated and helps reduce inflammation. When you are hungry, a snack of walnuts is a good idea instead of having processed food.
5. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is not just good for health but is also good for the skin. People who are suffering from oily skin, can snack on Oatmeal to get rid of oily skin.
Photo Credits: Pixabay