A good diet comprises of a variety of foods which help build immunity, keeps diseases at bay and increases longevity. Some foods in particular do have superior disease-fighting properties that can make you healthier. Regular intake of these healthy foods into your diet, and the health benefits they deliver may stick with you for a lifetime.
1. Salmon– It is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids helping decrease abnormal heartbeats, lower triglyceride levels, slow the growth of artery-clogging fat deposits, reduce blood pressure, dementia and cognitive decline. Salmon is low in the potentially toxic contaminant, mercury.
2. Blueberries – It is a rich source of antioxidants natural compounds that are thought to decrease inflammation, guard your cells against damage from free radicals, and reduce the risk of certain cancers, heart disease, stroke, and age-related brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
3. Yoghurt – It’s a great source of probiotics. Probiotics function to support your immune system, protect you against disease, and help your body digest and absorb foods and nutrients. There is emerging evidence that regularly consuming yogurt and other sources of probiotics can help bolster your general wellness, prevent certain cancers, and treat some health conditions including diarrhea, urinary tract infections, and irritable bowel syndrome.
4. Sweet Potatoes – These pack a powerful nutritional punch with rich sources of potassium, which can help lower your blood pressure, and are also packed with vitamin A, which is important for your vision, bone health, reproduction, and cell growth and maintenance. It delivers about 3 grams of fiber per 160-calorie potato and, thanks to its natural sweetness, it tastes great on its own.
5. Green Tea – people are increasingly becoming aware of the health benefits of green tea, a rich source of antioxidants. Green tea has been shown to help keep you mentally alert, and it may also help with weight loss, regulate cholesterol levels, and prevent sun damage on your skin. Regular intake of green take can avert or slow down the growth of cancers.