There is no rocket science to achieve good immunity. Simply follow 5 basic steps to keep your doctor away!
1. Eat an Apple each day – We all know the old saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Eating fruits that are rich in antioxidants, like apples, can help control weight gain, as they are rich in fiber, which helps make you feel fuller longer. Apples are also a good source of vitamin C, a nutrient that is thought to help ward off illness by building up your immune system.
2. Drink lots of water – Keeping hydrated is essential to surviving and should be one of our top priorities since our body is made up of about 60% water, you can guess just how important it is to keep up your supply. Most doctors recommend going for around eight glasses a day, with each glass being approximately 8 ounces to help generate saliva, make your joints move more freely, and flush out waste.
3. Stress level under control – Stress is a common cause of many ailments. Reduce situations or triggers that cause you stress, you’ll be able to lessen many of the symptoms, like migraines, fatigue, weight gain and low libido. Try finding activities that you find to be peaceful and relaxing, whether a pedicure, bubble bath, calming music, or 20 minutes of yoga. Deep and purposeful breathing can also be an excellent help.
4. Maintain Hygiene – Germs are spread quickly and can be the cause of many of the ailments and illnesses that lead you to the doctor’s office. Take showers regularly and always wash your hands after using a restroom or coming in contact with someone who is ill.
5. Exercise regularly – Maintaining an active lifestyle is sure to help you in your efforts to stay healthy. So take a hike, go for a walk, or try your hand at swimming or tennis lessons, anything to get you off the couch and moving your body.