Lips are one of the most delicate parts of the face and need to be maintained properly. Here are a few easy steps to keep your lips smooth, healthy and soft.
1. Moisturize and condition your lips – Yes your lips too need to be conditioned. Some of the conditioning agents include shea butter, aloe vera, vitamin E and coconut oil. Use a lip balk which contains beeswax and petroleum jelly that helps to lock the moisture.
2. Keep hydrated – Your lips need plenty of hydration. When the body is dehydrated the skins begins to look dry and the delicate lips that lack oil glands become dry and cracked. Keep drinking plenty of fluids or just water if you are often exposed to outside weather.
3. Vitamin E – Massage the contents of Vitamin E to the lips as it helps to keep your delicate lips hydrated and crack free.
4. Look for a good lip balm – When you are shopping for a lip balm, look for a product that contains one of these ingredients, avocado oil, almonds, cocoa seed butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, shea butter or sunflower oil.
5. Avoid using ingredients that are not good for lips – there are certain products that might contains ingredients like menthol, artificial dyes, camphor, alcohol, phenol, salicylic acid or fragrance.
Photo Credits: shelookbook