Diabetics always have a problem with their diet, especially during summers when water based beverages are usually common for normal people. But not many are aware that there is a list of foods that can be consumed by diabetics during summer time.
1. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are available in any season and are healthy to be eaten with meals. They are also good for reducing the complications of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. A study by Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston said that consumption of tomatoes reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
2. French Beans – French beans is packed with anti-oxidants like beta- carotene and lutein which is usually found in bright color vegetables. Beans are a good source of Vitamin, Vitamin A and vitamin K.
3. Capsicum – Prefer bright color bell peppers which are packed with vitamin B6, vitamin C, beta carotene and folic acid. They also have anti-inflammatory properties, anti-cancer properties and anti-microbial effects.
4. Watermelon – Watermelon can be a great food for summer. They are hydrating and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, cancer and arthritis. The fruit has high with vitamin C and A in the form of beta-carotine.
5. Cucumber – Cucumbers are cool and can be a great food option during summer for diabetics.
Photo Credits: medindia